Infection Control & COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. It’s part of making each visit safe and comfortable for you.
We have always followed Universal Precautions in our office. This includes
- Washing our hands before seeing each patient.
- Putting on new, disposable gloves before treating each patient.
- Wearing eye protection and face masks that cover both mouth and nose while treating patients.
- Disinfecting the patient chair, countertops, and cabinets in the treatment room after each patient leaves.
- Bagging and heat sterilizing all our reusable instruments
With the emergence of COVID-19/coronavirus, we are increasing our diligence in wiping down counters and door knobs with disinfectant wipes after each patient leaves. And there are other changes you’ll notice, as well, when it’s time for your next appointment.
- Before your appointment, we’ll ask you a few screening questions – questions we’ll ask again when you arrive for your scheduled visit.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and other shared items.
- Appointments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients. This may result in fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
These changes are for your own safety, as well as ours. So during this new normal, we also ask you to note the following:
- Only the patient and/or scheduled family members will be allowed to come in. Others are asked to wait in the car.
- You are welcome to wear your own mask in the office.
- If you or a family member has recently traveled outside the country or to a region highly affected by COVID-19 (e.g., China, New York), or if you’ve come into contact with anyone has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you reschedule your appointment.
- If you are feeling ill – or if a scheduled family member is – please call our office to reschedule. If you are coughing or sneezing, please do not come into the office.
- To minimize physical contact with patients and families right now , we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep everyone who comes into our office safe. Contact us at any time.